If you’ve been driving around neighborhoods in Salt Lake City, chances are you’ve seen some pointer signs or billboards with companies advertising that they buy houses.
Often times they say things like “We Buy Salt Lake City Houses Fast!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are Salt Lake City companies that say “We Buy Houses” honest and credible?
Well… sometimes these house buying companies all look the same in the beginning… but below we’ll explain some things to look for when dealing with local buying home companies before you work with them.
There are those who buy and sell houses as a valid and respectable profession and who help communities and house sellers in many ways. Remember, just like any profession especially in real estate – a small number of house buyers in any area are the ones who make the rest of us look terrible.
Most home investors are people who are really great, ethical people who improve neighborhoods one house at a time.
And then there’s the dishonest people who only think of filling their pockets with money instead of the well being of their clients. These people would sign away their own grandmother with one hand and with other hand stab you in the back – as long as they were making enough money in the deal.
Yes, they are out there.
We’ll help you avoid these “unethical house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local Salt Lake companies who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on the day of your choice.
But let’s not think about the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best home buyers in Salt Lake City are doing.
What Reputable Salt Lake City We Buy Houses Companies Are Doing
- Helping others improve their lives with money they need right away. People often need the equity in their house to cover unexpected doctor expenses, or are having a job transfer to another state, or they need to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a property without the hassle of having to list it with a real estate agent and wait several months for it to close.
- Creating jobs locally. We hire several plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other people in the real estate industry. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. At YourPriceMyTerms.com we help create jobs for people around Salt Lake City .
- Buying product built in the US. We spend lots of money on building materials that are made right here in the USA – this creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from companies like us.
- Increasing the neighborhood value in Salt Lake City. When we buy and improve a house, we’re helping to increase prices of homes in the entire city. We often fix and repair old abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. Buying and fixing up properties also helps strengthen Salt Lake City.
- Increasing the tax base for the city. When a new home purchase takes place from one of our buyers, they will end up paying a higher tax rate because of the new and improved home value. These taxes pay for our schools, fire departments, police forces, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty neat stuff, right?
Most people think that when a company is in the house flipping business, it is a get rich quick business. That’s viewed by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because in actuality our business can be pretty boring on a day to day bases.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So go over how you can use this information to your advantage so you will know if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When talking with a local house buyer who want to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below so you can know if they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the most proud?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look all the signs or maneuvers that those few shady investors tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a house buyer wants you to sign the deed over (ownership) of your house to them, rather than a professional place or office like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. All reputable house buying companies will have the actual closing at a neutral 3rd party office or location… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Forcing you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most honest house buying services will make you an offer that will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at YourPriceMyTerms.com do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on the market in the area, also… we buy several houses a month and when we make you an offer we want you to know that those funds are put aside to purchase your house at closing. The cash will be there for many days so if you do want to sell your house right away, we can close on the date of your choice. If you decide the offer just isn’t going to work for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
There is a good chance that they’ll find some excuse so they can get off the phone with you and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
If they are true investors, they will run a honest and ethical Salt Lake City house buying service, however, they will be building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Salt Lake City companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!
Give us a call anytime at (801) 441-2800 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>