Relocation or a job transfer may be complicated matter if your juggling schedules, packing and coordinating with everyone in the family. We get local Salt Lake City home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Salt Lake City“. The great thing is we help many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we are local cash buyers and are actively buying houses in Salt Lake City Utah right now!).
There are several details that need to be kept together, plus the anxiety of whatever is making you move in the first place – often you need to move out of state for a new job or someone in the family is ill, but the truth is that anytime you move, it will cause stress and will come with a dramatic change.
So how do you relocate and turn this lemon of a situation into Lemonade?
Don’t Panic – Organize.
You don’t want to be paying on two mortgages and deal with a vacant house for several years. That gets very expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Salt Lake City, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Salt Lake City Utah house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Salt Lake City… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what your property is worth, you may be able to sell the house for what the current market price is going for… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how quickly you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a huge. I’ve seen home sellers who have moved out of state for a job while their house sat on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide when you need to sell your house by… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid Realtor BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait for the house to sell… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “holding on to it” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The amount of money involved includes the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the loan, the majority of your payment interest is not hardly touching the principal), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc.Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for regular maintenance like lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc. Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If the sell of your property takes you 7 months through a real estate professional for that same $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. Not to mention the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost would be closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that?Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees).Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Salt Lake City Utah agent. If you don’t want to wait and don’t want to pay real estate agent commissions… then a great option may be to sell your house to us. 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. Once in awhile someone might just fall head over heels and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
Another good idea is to market your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
Occasionally, we may partner with house owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified buyers rent the property for a certain time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is YourPriceMyTerms.com And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Salt Lake City?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Salt Lake City home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell quickly (we can close in as little as 3 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Salt Lake City community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Salt Lake City real estate, so please feel free to call us at (801) 441-2800 and chat with us anytime.